Salt and Pepper Shrimp (Mom)
- Canola oil to cook and deep fry
- 1 1/2 pounds large U-15 shrimps (15 per pound), deveined, shell on!
- 1 cup scallions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced garlic
- 1/4 cup ginger, julienne
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper mix (black, green, red and Szechwan)
Soak shrimp in salty cold water for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Deep-fry the shrimp at 375 degrees for only 20 seconds, then drain. While the shrimp are deep-frying, coat the wok with oil and saute the scallions, garlic and ginger. Add the fried shrimp then season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 20 seconds and serve immediately.
Copyright 1999, Ming Tsai, All Rights Reserved