- Raspberry Jam, heated, recipe follows
- 7 ounces sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, sifted
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (Recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely minced
- 8 egg whites
- Raspberry Jam:
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries (about 2 baskets)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pour the warm raspberry jam into a 7 by 11-inch baking dish. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together 1 ounce of sugar, and tapioca flour. Add the egg yolks, Grand Marnier, orange zest and lemon zest. Whisk until light in color.
In an electric mixer, fitted with a wire whisk, beat together the egg whites and 1 ounce of sugar to soft peaks. Then, add the remaining 5 ounces of sugar in a slow, steady stream and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
Spoon into 3 equal mounds over the raspberry jam, shaping to resemble the 3 mountains of Salzburg. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden and risen like a souffle. Serve immediately with extra raspberry jam and Creme Anglaise.Raspberry Jam:
In a small saute pan, combine 6 ounces of raspberries, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes, whisking vigorously to break apart the raspberries. The mixture should resemble a loose jam. Remove from the heat and add the remaining 6 ounces of raspberries, stirring gently until well coated.