- 4 tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (recommended: Christopher Ranch)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cups Italian dressing (recommended: Newman's Own)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (recommended: Fresh Express)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 cup frozen French cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced potatoes
Cut a pocket into the side of the tuna steaks; set aside.
In a bowl, combine olive tapenade, garlic, and capers. Stuff tuna steaks with olive mixture and secure opening with toothpicks. Place stuffed tuna steaks in a large resealable plastic bag with the salad dressing. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Place in second bag to prevent any leaking. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 3 hours.
Remove tuna from marinade and let come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Discard marinade.
Heat an oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Place tuna in grill pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done. Be careful not to cook past medium or tuna will dry out quickly. Remove from grill pan and set aside.
Place salad mix onto a large serving platter. Garnish with slices of boiled egg, green beans, tomato wedges, and sliced potatoes. Remove toothpicks from tuna and place on top of greens.