- 1/4 cup apple cider plus 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 (1-ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
- Kaiser rolls, toasted
- Lettuce tomato slices, and red onion slices
- Relish skewers
For mustard sauce, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the 1/4 cup of apple cider to a boil. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until it's reduced by half. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cider has cooled, transfer to a small bowl; add mustard and tarragon. Stir to combine; set aside
Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
For burgers, in a large bowl, stir to combine ground sirloin, the remaining 1 tablespoon cider, and the onion soup mix. Form into 4 mini-patties; set aside. Spread cracked pepper on a plate. Carefully press both sides of burgers into cracked pepper.