Blue Corn Chip Nachos with Pepper Jack Cheese
- One 9-ounce bag blue corn chips
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can no-bean chili
- 2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Special equipment: four 8 by 5 1/4-inch foil au gratin pans
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Place a single layer of corn chips in the bottom of each foil pan. Sprinkle each layer with 2 tablespoons beans, 3 tablespoons no-bean chili and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat to make another layer.
Turn the heat down to medium-low. Place the pans on the grill, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, bubbling and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chili powder and mix until well blended.
Top the nachos with the chili-sour cream, sliced scallions, jalapeno slices and diced tomato.
Cook's Note: The nachos can also be cooked in the oven. Place the foil pans in a 375 F degree oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Top with the chili-sour cream, sliced scallions, jalapeno slices and diced tomato.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011