Caramel Chocolate Ginger Swirls
- 1 (14.5-ounce) package gingerbread mix (recommended: Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, if needed
- 1 (17-ounce) jar caramel topping, chilled
- 1 (14.5-ounce) jar dark chocolate ice cream fudge topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the gingerbread mix according to package instructions. Using a tablespoon, roll dough into balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Place a scant 1/2 teaspoon of caramel topping on each cookie center. Top with 1/2 teaspoon chocolate topping. Carefully work chocolate to within 1/4-inch of the edge of the cookies. Place in freezer for 20 to 25 minutes to set. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee