- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar marinated mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- Fresh oregano sprigs
Rinse steaks under cold water and pat dry. Place in zip-top bag and add red wine, dressing mix, and pepper. Squeeze air out of bag and seal. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours
Remove steaks from marinade and discard marinade. With a sharp knife cut a pocket into the side of each steak, being careful not to cut through. Stuff steaks with mushroom mixture and secure with toothpicks. Place on hot, oiled grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium (160 degrees F). Remove from grill.
To serve, remove toothpicks. Garnish steaks with sprigs of fresh oregano and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee