Carrot Coconut Muffins with Honey Butter
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 (19-ounce) box fat-free apple cinnamon muffin mix
- 4 (4-ounce) jars pureed organic carrot baby food
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Honey Butter, recipe follows
- Honey Butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly spray a 12 cup (2 1/2-inch) muffin tray with canola oil cooking spray; set aside.
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir to combine thoroughly. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Honey Butter.Honey Butter:
Combine butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until combined and fluffy. Serve with warm muffins.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen