- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can cheese soup with 1/2 can of water
- 1 (16-ounce) package processed cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, well drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, well drained
- 1 cup medium or hot salsa
- 6 medium individual rounds dark rye bread, unsliced
Saute ground beef in a soup pot over medium high heat until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add canned cheese soup and water and bring to a very gentle simmer. Add the cheese with jalapeno peppers, and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in beans and salsa and bring back to a simmer. Cut off tops of each loaf of bread, and reserve for later. Carefully hollow out center of each loaf leaving 1 1/2-inch shell. Spoon soup into hollowed out bread, allowing some to spill over top of bread cauldron as if bubbling, and replace top of the loaf. Serve hot.