- 4 chicken breast halves without skin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons canola oil1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garam masala seasoning, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cooked white rice, to serve
Place chicken breasts and flour in zip-top bag. Shake until chicken is coated with flour. Remove from bag, shaking off excess flour and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until soft. Add the garam masala, tomatoes, soup, coconut milk, and salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and return the chicken breasts to the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the frozen peas. Return to a simmer and cook for an addition 10 minutes.
Serve hot with white rice.
Cook's Note: Garam masala is a traditional Indian blend of spices and is available in the spice section of the grocery store.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee