- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter (2 tablespoons whole and 2 tablespoons melted)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups leftover filling from Chicken Pot Pies recipe
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package egg noodles, par-cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray casserole baking dish with cooking spray.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the whole butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook while constantly stirring for 2 minutes, to cook out the raw flour taste. Add the milk while whisking, until you have a smooth sauce. Stir in the chicken pot pie filling and bring to a simmer.
In a small bowl, add the bread crumbs, the 2 tablespoons of remaining melted butter, the parsley, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the pot pie mixture and the noodles. Stir in the cheese and pour it into the casserole dish.
Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the casserole and bake until the top is golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.