Chile Corn Muffins with Chipotle Butter
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 (14.5-ounce) box honey cornbread mix (recommended: Krusteaz)
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexi-corn
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Hot Sauce (recommended: Tabasco Brand)
- 2 tablespoons Southwest chipotle seasoning (recommended: Mrs. Dash)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 (24-count) mini-muffin pans with canola oil cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together all ingredients until blended. Using a tablespoon, spoon batter into mini-muffin tins, filling to the rim. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes or until golden brown.Butter:
Combine all ingredients in small bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Serve with corn muffins.
NOTE: For standard 2 1/2-inch muffins: spoon batter into 18 to 20 muffins cups; fill 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven 16 to 18 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008