Chile Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen, shelled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Mexican chile and lime marinade (recommended: Lawry's)
- Cooking oil, for grill
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (6-ounce) bag shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 lime, for garnish
Marinate the shrimp in the chili and lime marinade for at least 5 minutes but no more than 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Brush the grill with a paper towel that has been soaked in cooking oil. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Mix the sour cream with chipotle and adobe sauce.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Place on a plate and microwave for 45 seconds.
Build the taco with the shrimp, cabbage, onion and guacamole and top with the chipotle sour cream. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011