- 2 pounds new red potatoes (or a mixture of red and purple)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (2-ounce) jar caviar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash and dry the potatoes. Slice them into 1/2-inch rounds and put them into a bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil; add 1 tablespoon chives, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat well. Arrange the potatoes separately on the baking sheet. Roast until the potatoes are cooked through, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and horseradish.
Cook's note: Do not use a metal spoon for the caviar.