- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- Strawberries, desired amount
- Bananas, desired amount
- Pound cake, desired amount
- Butter cookies, desired amount
- Apples, desired amount
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine half-and-half and almond extract. Heat until bubbles begin to form at edge of cream. Do not boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Once all of the chocolate is melted and incorporated, slowly stir in amaretto until combined.
Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot and serve with goodies for dipping.
Cook's Note: You can use this recipe with a heated chocolate fountain.