Chocolate and Coffee Cream Pie
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- One 9-inch prepared chocolate cookie crust, such as Oreo Pie Crust
- Coffee Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate puffed rice cereal, for garnish
For the filling: Heat the cream in a medium saucepot over medium-low heat. When hot, whisk in the corn syrup, butter, coffee liqueur, vanilla and chocolate. Mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated into the cream and the mixture is smooth and silky. Remove from the heat and pour into the prepared chocolate cookie crust. Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled and set, about 1 hour.
To assemble: Place the coffee whipped cream topping on top of the filling. Smooth out with a spatula so that all the filling is completely covered with the topping. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, top with chocolate puffed rice, slice and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.