- 4 fresh chorizo sausages (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 16-ounce bag frozen pepper stir-fry, thawed
- One 16-ounce jar salsa
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from the jar of chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 hero rolls
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Place the sausages on the grill. Use tongs to turn the links often, every 4 to 6 minutes. Cook until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure to close the grill lid between turnings.
Place a large cast-iron skillet on the side burner of the grill over medium-high heat. (If your grill does not have a side burner, then place a cast-iron skillet onto the grill when you go to preheat the grill.) Add the olive oil and pepper stir-fry and cook until the peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
Put the salsa into a bowl. Stir in the chipotles, adobo sauce and lime juice.