- 1 (16-ounce, bulk) package beef chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa, drained
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 6 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (refrigerated section)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Drain 1/4 cup of oil from cooked sausage. Set sausage aside to cool. Stir salsa and cheese into sausage in skillet. Place 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture down the center of tortilla. Fold tortilla in half, then roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Place on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Repeat 5 times. Bake until filling is hot and tortilla is crisp and golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cut taquitos in half crosswise. Serve hot with guacamole and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee