- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 jar marinara meat sauce (recommended: Paul Newman's)
- 1 package chili seasoning, minus 1 tablespoon reserved for rolls (recommended: Shilling's)
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Minced chives, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and saute until softened. Crumble in the ground beef and cook until browned. Add beans and marinara sauce and combine thoroughly. Stir in chili seasoning, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon into individual bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.