Citrus-Poached Snapper with Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 packet Baja Citrus Marinade (recommended: McCormick)
- 4 (4-ounce) red snapper fillets
- For the bean salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup diced tri-peppers
- 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
In a large skillet with a lid combined all ingredients except snapper. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
Once liquid comes to simmer a turn down heat to low and add snapper fillets and let poach for 8 minutes.
Carefully remove the snapper from skillet.
For the salad: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Serve immediately with snapper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Capocollo and Citrus Crusted Snapper with a Lemon Butter Sauce, Snapper with Olives: Cernia con Olive, John's Citrus Fish, Savoy Cabbage and Couscous with Peas and Chives, Main Dish, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.