Citrus-Poached Snapper with Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 packet Baja Citrus Marinade (recommended: McCormick)
- 4 (4-ounce) red snapper fillets
- For the bean salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup diced tri-peppers
- 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
In a large skillet with a lid combined all ingredients except snapper. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
Once liquid comes to simmer a turn down heat to low and add snapper fillets and let poach for 8 minutes.
Carefully remove the snapper from skillet.
For the salad: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Serve immediately with snapper.