- 1 sticks unsalted butter,
- 1 tablespoon citrus herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 8 slices precooked bacon, cut in 2-inch long pieces
- 1 cup dried Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 24 large clams, opened
- 2 to 3 cups sea or kosher salt, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small pot combine butter, citrus herb seasoning, garlic, lemon juice, and shallot. Heat over a low flame until butter is melted. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and melted butter mixture. Mix well to combine.
Place open clams on a baking sheet. Place a slice of bacon on top of each clam. Top with 1 tablespoon of the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 7 minutes.
To serve, place about 2 to 3 cups of course sea or kosher salt onto a large platter. Arrange the clams on the salt, lightly pressing them so that they are nestled in.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008