- 3 tablespoons Thai Ginger Marinade
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (shake before using)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh or frozen mussels*, rinsed, de-bearded and drained
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat heat, whisk together the marinade, curry paste, brown sugar, coconut milk, white wine, and 1 tablespoon of the garlic. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until sauce thickens and is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, keeping warm.
Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mussels and the remaining 1 tablespoon garlic and stir well to coat the mussels. Add the reserved sauce to mussels, cover and let simmer until mussels start to open, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl, discarding any unopened mussels.
*If mussels are not available substitute with 12 ounce bag of raw large count shrimp