French Onion Soup
- 5 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14 ounces) low sodium beef broth (recommended: Swanson's)
- 2 cans (10 ounces) beef consomme (recommended: Campbell's)
- 1 packet onion soup mix (recommended: Lipton's)
- 8 slices French bread, about 1 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere
Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with a slice of French bread. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each bread slice. Put soup bowls under broiler until cheese is melted. Alternatively, place the bread on a baking sheet and top with cheese; broil until cheese has melted, about 30 to 40 seconds, and set on top just before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.