- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 2 sprigs
- One 5 to 6-pound pork shoulder, deboned, rolled and tied securely, skinless or skin-on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, canola oil, garlic, sugar and chopped rosemary. Place the pork roast on top of a rack fitted in a roasting pan. Place the 2 rosemary sprigs underneath the pork. Sprinkle the roast well with salt and pepper. Using a brush or hands, completely coat the roast with the mustard and garlic paste.
Place the roast in the oven and roast until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. (Reserve 1 cup sliced pork for Round 2 Recipe Open Faced Roast Pork and Onion Sandwich.) Serve the sliced pork with the pan drippings poured over top.