Gingersnap Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Basic Gingerbread Cookie Dough:
- 1 package (14.5-ounces) gingerbread mix
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream
- Multi-colored sprinkles, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine gingerbread mix, melted butter, and egg. Add up to 1/4 cup flour if dough seems too wet.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out dough with a 2-inch round cookie cutter and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
Sprinkle the cinnamon into the ice cream. Spread ice cream on bottom half of cooled cookies and top with remaining cookies. Dip sandwiches in sprinkles for fun.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Anne Thornton