- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, room temperature (recommended: Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Drippy icing, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Knead dough with flour, adding in 2 parts, and brandy extract. Break into 2-inch pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-inch long rope. On an ungreased cookie sheet, shape rope like a doughnut, pinching ends together. Freeze for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be just lightly golden on top.
Cool completely. Frost each cookie with vanilla frosting. Drizzle Drippy Icing over cookies.
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 drop yellow food coloring
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Tint with 1 drop yellow food coloring. Add more powdered sugar for stiffer consistency, if desired. Drizzle over cookies.