Grilled Corn and Bean Salsa with Baked Corn Chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears corn, shucked or 4 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon, chopped garlic
- 15 corn tortillas
- Canola oil spray
Set up grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat.
In a small bowl combine canola oil, chili powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Brush corn with oil mixture. Place on hot grill and cook 10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from the cob.
In a large bowl combine tomatoes, beans, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and grilled corn. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
For Corn Chips:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut each tortilla into 8 triangular portions. Arrange in a single layer on sheet pans. Spray with canola oil cooking spray to help them crisp up, sprinkle with salt and bake until crisp and lightly browned about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray