Grilled Fruit Pizza
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough (recommended: Pillsbury)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen peach slices, thawed (recommended: Dole)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen strawberries, thawed, sliced (recommended: Dole)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen mixed berries, thawed (recommended: Dole)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
Combine honey and water in a small bowl. Stir until honey is dissolved. Set aside.
Unroll pizza dough onto hot oiled grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. (TIP: use a cookie sheet as a big spatula when flipping the crust and removing from grill.) Brush with honey mixture and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove crust from grill. Spread with cream cheese mixture and arrange fruit on top.
INDOOR: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Carefully unroll dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Press out dough with fingers to form 13 by 9-inch rectangle. Brush dough with honey mixture and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust turns golden brown. Remove crust from oven and top as directed.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman