Grilled Grand Marnier French Toast with Strawberries
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- For French Toast:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier), optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 thick slices bread, cut in 1/2 diagonally
- Whipped topping (recommended: Cool Whip)
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and liqueur. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, liqueur, and sugar. Coat each slice of bread on both sides with egg mixture. Place coated bread slices on hot oiled grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
To serve, place 1 piece of French toast on plate. Top with strawberries and whipped topping. Add another slice of French toast and repeat.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee