Herbed Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups instant rice (recommended: Uncle Ben's)
- 2 tablespoons combination freshly chopped marjoram, oregano and thyme leaves
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots, celery, carrots and 1 tablespoon parsley and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and rice and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in herbs. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee