Lamb and Olive Skewers with Cucumber Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean lamb meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 16 garlic stuffed green olives
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 pita pocket bread, for serving
- Cucumber Salad, recipe follows
- Store-bought tzatziki sauce, for serving
- Special equipment: 8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for about 30 minutes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Light broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine oil, parsley, garam marsala, garlic salt, pepper, and cubed lamb, mix thoroughly to coat all lamb cubes.
To make skewers, alternate lamb, tomato and olives. Finish with a piece of lamb so that there are 3 cubes of lamb per skewer. Place skewers on prepared baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat source for 2 minutes per side for 8 total minutes.
Serve skewers hot with pita bread, Cucumber Salad and tzatziki sauce.
Serving Ideas: Rosemary skewers would be fantastic with these kebabs. Be sure to wrap exposed rosemary leaves with foil to keep from burning.
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and toss to combine. Serve with lamb skewers.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008