Lamb and Olive Skewers with Cucumber Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean lamb meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 16 garlic stuffed green olives
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 pita pocket bread, for serving
- Cucumber Salad, recipe follows
- Store-bought tzatziki sauce, for serving
- Special equipment: 8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for about 30 minutes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Light broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine oil, parsley, garam marsala, garlic salt, pepper, and cubed lamb, mix thoroughly to coat all lamb cubes.
To make skewers, alternate lamb, tomato and olives. Finish with a piece of lamb so that there are 3 cubes of lamb per skewer. Place skewers on prepared baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat source for 2 minutes per side for 8 total minutes.
Serve skewers hot with pita bread, Cucumber Salad and tzatziki sauce.
Serving Ideas: Rosemary skewers would be fantastic with these kebabs. Be sure to wrap exposed rosemary leaves with foil to keep from burning.
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and toss to combine. Serve with lamb skewers.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Aria Kagan
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller