Lemon and Mint Roasted Lamb
- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb, rinsed and patted dry
- 12 -ounce bottle lemon pepper dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Saffron Couscous with Goat Cheese, recipe follows
- Saffron Couscous with Goat Cheese:
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) box instant couscous
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup nicoise olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place sliced onions in bottom of roasting pan. Remove lamb from bag and place on top of onions. Pour marinade mixture over lamb.
Place in preheated oven and immediately reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Roast for approximately 30 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees F.
Remove from oven and tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Serve with Saffron Couscous.Saffron Couscous with Goat Cheese:
In a medium saucepan, bring broth, saffron, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
Transfer cooked couscous to a medium bowl and fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Recipes courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.