- 1 store-bought pound cake ring
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1-pound) box powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon flavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
To make the cake, begin with a serrated knife and level the bigger end of the cake. This will be the bottom. Slice off top inch of cake. Carefully set aside (do not break). Scoop out a trench in the cake for the filling. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine lemon curd and 1 cup of whipped topping. Stir gently to combine, being careful not to over-stir. Fill center of cake with filling and cover with the reserved top of the cake.
To make the icing, place all icing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Make sure that all lumps are dissolved. Drizzle icing over cake until completely covered in icing. Let set before serving.
Pound cake ring can be decorated with a beautiful nosegay of roses or other edible flowers placed in the center hole. Alternatively, you can buy frozen pound cake loaf and layer lemon cream mixture between slices. Top with more lemon cream and garnish with fresh berries.