Mango Marinated Seared Swordfish with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1/4 cup mango nectar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (30-ounce) can tropical fruit salad, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour into large resealable plastic bag and add swordfish. Seal and shake bag to completely coat steaks. Put in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
For the salsa: Chop drained fruit into small pieces. Combine the fruit and remaining ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator to let flavors meld while fish is marinating.
In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Remove fish from marinade, pat dry and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve topped with salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.