- 2/3 cup olive oil and vinegar salad dressing (recommended: Newman's Own)
- 1 packet (1.06 ounces) herbs marinade mix (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates)
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella in water, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
10-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 1 hour prior to grilling
Stir together salad dressing, herb marinade packet, and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
Place cheese and vegetables in a resealable bag and pour in marinade. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
Thread the skewers by alternating vegetables, cheese, and bread.
Brush bread with some of the leftover marinade mixture and save the rest for garnish.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Lightly oil the grilling grates and place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once. Bread should be toasted and cheese softened. Serve right off the grill drizzled with additional marinade