- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups leftover bloody Mary mix
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices crusty bread, toasted
Heat the canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, reserved bloody Mary mix and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes and then add the basil.
Crack the 4 eggs into the tomato sauce, and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Transfer some of the sauce into 2 shallow serving bowls. Add 2 eggs to each bowl and serve with toasted bread.