Online Round 2 Recipe - Savory Noodle Pie
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Reserved 3 cups cooked pasta from Pork Ragu over Penne, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Linguini with Clam Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Reserved cooked bacon, from Spaghetti Carbonara, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
Mix the reserved pasta together with half the mozzarella, scallions, and the reserved bacon. Pat the pasta mixture into the pie dish. Whisk the eggs with the milk, half the Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pour over the pasta and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Place onto a baking sheet and bake until set and the top is browned and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and spoon over slices of the Noodle Pie.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee