- 1 small head garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Reserved eggplant from Moussaka recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 pita pockets, cut into quarters and toasted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice off the pointed top of the garlic and put it on a square of aluminum foil, cut side up. Drizzle with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap it up, put it on a baking sheet, and bake until the garlic is soft, about 45 minutes. Unwrap and let cool for about 20 minutes.
Into the bowl of a food processor, squeeze in the roasted garlic. Add the reserved eggplant, parsley, cumin, and lemon juice and pulse to combine. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Scoop the dip into a bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and serve with the toasted pita.