For Veal Chops:
- 1 packet (1.12 ounces) black peppercorn marinade mix (recommended: Durkee Grill Creations)
- 1 can (11 1/2 ounces) peach nectar (recommended: Kerns)
- 4 (1/2-pound) veal loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup peach jam (recommended: Smucker's)
- 1/4 cup bourbon (recommended: Jim Beam)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine marinade mix, peach nectar, and veal chops. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag to ensure chops are coated. Refrigerate 3 to 6 hours to marinate.
Remove chops from marinade and let come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Discard marinade. Grill chops on hot, oiled grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and brush with glaze. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and glaze for 1 minute. Remove from heat and brush once more with glaze. Serve hot.
INDOOR: Prepare and marinate chops as directed. Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chops dry with paper towel. Place on foil line baking sheet or broiling pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until well seared on 1 side, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Turn and brush with glaze and return to broiler and cook for 1 minute; turn and glaze and cook for 1 minute more for medium. To check for doneness, make a small cut in the thickest part of the meat; it should be slightly less done than you like it. Allow the chops to rest for 5 to 10 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise). Brush with more glaze and serve.