For Veal Chops:
- 1 packet (1.12 ounces) black peppercorn marinade mix (recommended: Durkee Grill Creations)
- 1 can (11 1/2 ounces) peach nectar (recommended: Kerns)
- 4 (1/2-pound) veal loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup peach jam (recommended: Smucker's)
- 1/4 cup bourbon (recommended: Jim Beam)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine marinade mix, peach nectar, and veal chops. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag to ensure chops are coated. Refrigerate 3 to 6 hours to marinate.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil the grill grate when ready to start cooking.
Remove chops from marinade and let come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Discard marinade. Grill chops on hot, oiled grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and brush with glaze. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and glaze for 1 minute. Remove from heat and brush once more with glaze. Serve hot.
INDOOR: Prepare and marinate chops as directed. Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chops dry with paper towel. Place on foil line baking sheet or broiling pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until well seared on 1 side, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Turn and brush with glaze and return to broiler and cook for 1 minute; turn and glaze and cook for 1 minute more for medium. To check for doneness, make a small cut in the thickest part of the meat; it should be slightly less done than you like it. Allow the chops to rest for 5 to 10 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise). Brush with more glaze and serve.