Penne with Asparagus and Peppers
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen cut asparagus
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup roasted yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked per package directions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
In a large skillet, combine asparagus, stock, onions, garlic, peppers, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid to 1/4 cup, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Toss with hot, cooked pasta. Top with cheese and serve hot.