Pickled Cucumber Salad
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
Add all the ingredients, except the cucumbers, to a small pot and bring to a boil over low heat. Turn off the heat, add the cucumbers and let sit for 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Reserve 1 cup for Online Round 2 Recipe: Mediterranean Pita Pockets.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee