(Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Pork Nachos
- 2 cups baked corn chips
- 1 cup leftover slow-cooked orange pulled pork
- 1 cup leftover corn and black bean salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- Slow Cooked Orange Pork Roast Tacos:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10-pound) bone-in pork shoulder, picnic cut
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 20 corn tortillas
- Grilled Corn and Bean Salsa with Baked Corn Chips:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears corn, shucked or 4 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon, chopped garlic
- 15 corn tortillas
- Canola oil spray
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
In an oven-proof baking dish add half of the corn chips in a single layer. Cover with half the pork, half the salsa, and then half the cheese. Continue layering with remaining ingredients ending with the cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbling and lightly browned. Top with sour cream, if desired, and serve hot.
Click here to see how it's done.Slow Cooked Orange Pork Roast Tacos:
Place the onions in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker. Place the pork shoulder, fat and skin side up. in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl stir together soy sauce, garlic, salt pepper and orange marmalade. Pour mixture over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove shoulder to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Break up some of the meat with a fork and arrange on platter. Leave the rest of the meat on the bone to keep it warm and moist and let your guest pull it off the as they need it.
Wrap the tortillas in damp towels, 10 to a towel and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Set out pork and tortillas with Cabbage Slaw and have guests assemble their own tacos.For Salsa:
Set up grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat.
In a small bowl combine canola oil, chili powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Brush corn with oil mixture. Place on hot grill and cook 10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from the cob.
In a large bowl combine tomatoes, beans, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and grilled corn. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
For Corn Chips:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut each tortilla into 8 triangular portions. Arrange in a single layer on sheet pans. Spray with canola oil cooking spray to help them crisp up, sprinkle with salt and bake until crisp and lightly browned about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.