PICKLED RED ONION:
- 1 medium thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (store brand)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups of braised, shredded pork shoulder
- 12 mini hamburger buns or dinner rolls sliced in half
FOR THE PORK:
FOR THE ONION:
In a medium pot, combine all ingredients except onions with 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, add the onions, and remove from heat. Let sit until cooled, about 1 hour. Serve with sliders.
FOR THE MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk all the ingredients together. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
FOR THE SLIDERS:
Place a heaping tablespoon of pulled pork on the bottom halves of the rolls. Drizzle with the barbecue sauce, top with some of the pickled red, and place the remaining roll halves on top.