Pumpkin Cream Pie
- For Pie:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust shell, removed from foil tin and placed in glass pie pan
- For Brown Sugar Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cream, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Using electric hand mixer, add the eggs, 1 at a time incorporating completely between each addition.
Pour the filling into the pie shell and bake on a sheet tray until the filling is mostly set and the crust has browned, about 50 to 60 minutes. The center will still look slightly loose. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
For Whipped Cream:
In a chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer until beginning to thicken. Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pie and serve immediately or hold in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving. .
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Duff Goldman