- Reserved cooked rice from Basil Chicken recips
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lime, peeled in strips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
In a medium pot, stir together the rice, 1 1/2 cans coconut milk (reserve remaining coconut milk for Round 2 Recipe Coconut Chicken Soup), sugar, and lime peel. Put the pot over medium heat, bring it to a simmer, and cover. Cook until the pudding becomes very thick, 20 to 25 minutes.
While the pudding is cooking, toast the shredded coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown.