- 1 grilled pork chop (leftover from Grilled Apple Brined Pork Chops), chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 pound refrigerator pizza dough (leftover from Grilled Flat Bread), at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine pork, onion, garlic, chili sauce, and cheese. Mix together and set aside.
Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a round about 4 to 5 inches in diameter on a lightly floured surface. Divide filling mixture among the dough rounds. Brush perimeter of dough with egg wash and fold in half. Fold the edges up to seal and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Cut a small vent in each pocket and brush with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Grilled Flat Bread:
- 1 pound refrigerator pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons reserved marinade from Garlic, Lemon, and Herb Rubbed Legs
Preheat grill or gill pan over medium heat.
Cut the dough in half and save 1 half for the round 2 recipes. On a lightly floured work surface roll the remaining half out into a rectangular shape about 1/4-inch thick.
Place the dough onto an oiled grilled grate. Brush the top with half of the reserved marinade. Grill for 4 minutes. Flip the bread and top with remaining marinade and grill for another 3 minutes.
Remove bread from the grill to a cutting board, cut into pieces and serve warm.
Grilled Apple Brined Pork Chops:
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 rib end pork chops, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup of water, apple juice, pepper, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer making sure to stir occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl with 2 cups of ice.
Once the brined has cooled add pork chops. Brine for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Remove pork from brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 side of the pork chops with 1/2 the grill seasoning. Place chops on hot oiled grill, seasoned side down. Sprinkle the topside with remaining grill seasoning. Grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.