- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, divided
- 2 cups reserved No Bean Beef Chili
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Reserved 1/2 head cabbage, from Grilled Tex-Mex Pork Chops, shredded
- Reserved 1/2 can diced tomatoes, from Grilled Tex-Mex Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, divided
In a small pot over medium-high heat, add the oil. When it is hot, add the half the onions and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the No Bean Beef Chili and the beans. Stir and cook until hot.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make them warm and pliable.
In a bowl, mix together the cabbage, tomatoes, remaining onions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a tortilla on your work surface and spread 1/4 of the chili and bean mixture down the middle. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and about 1/4 cup of the cabbage mixture. Fold the sides of the tortilla about 1/4 of the way in towards the center. Roll up from the bottom, making sure to tuck in the sides as you roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.