- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Reserved 2 ears grilled corn from Zesty Grilled Corn recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
In a high-sided skillet over medium heat, add the oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles. Fry the triangles in batches until they are golden brown and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on brown paper and season with salt.
Cut the kernels off the corn and add them to a bowl. Add the cilantro, tomatoes, half the onion (reserve the other 1/2 for Online Round 2 Recipe Cheesy Hot Dog Scramble), hot sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.