Leftover chicken and vegetables from Spanish Chicken with Spicy Lemon Rice turn pita bread into a hearty meal.
Spicy Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Reserved 2 chicken thighs from Spanish Chicken, meat removed from bone and shredded
- Reserved 1 cup vegetables from Spanish Chicken
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
For the spicy yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, stir the yogurt together with the hot sauce and mint. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
For the pita: In a small pot over low heat, combine the reserved chicken and vegetables and cook until warmed through. Place the pitas on 2 plates. Top each with the chicken and vegetables, the chopped romaine and then drizzle with the spicy yogurt.