Round 2 Recipe - Pork Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 leftover pork chops from Fried Pork Chops recipe
- 2 hoagie rolls, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil, in a small saucepan over low heat and add the garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and stir in the basil.
Remove the pork meat from the bone and slice into large strips.
Spoon a layer of tomato sauce on each roll and top with sliced pork meat. Cover each with more tomato sauce, sprinkle evenly with Parmesan, then top with mozzarella. Put them on a sheet pan and broil until the cheese is bubbling and pork chop is heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the broiler, arrange on serving plates and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.